Houston TX Memorial Services with Personal Meaning
Miller Funeral Services & Cremation Society of Texas is the right choice for cremation services that are reasonably priced and dignified. We believe families should not have to overpay for a meaningful service. And because every life lived is unique, we offer beautiful and distinctive cremation services at a price to fit every budget.
Miller Funeral Services & Cremation Society of Texas offers a wide variety of options in cremation services to accommodate each unique family’s wants and needs. Before you select a cremation service, we encourage you and your family to think about the intended purpose of a Memorial Service.
As an example, the Celebration of Life Service helps family and friends accept the reality that a loved one has passed away. This option offers family members the possibility for reflection and the opportunity to express cherished memories of their loved one. On the other hand, a traditional Funeral Service can be the perfect time to say goodbye to a loved one and can ease family members into a healthy healing process.
Families who choose cremation may opt for any of the services we offer.
- Traditional Funeral Service with Cremation: Generally, the night before the funeral, the family holds an open-casket visitation at the Cremation Society of Texas, either in our rememberance room or our Celebration of Life House, or your place of worship. The following day, the family then holds a service either at our facility or in a church of their choice. This Celebration may include a scripture reading, prayers, eulogy, sermon, and music. After the service, the loved one is then transported to the crematory.
- Memorial Services with Cremation: Some families choose to have a memorial service if their loved one is cremated. With this type of service, friends and family can gather at our facility to reflect and reminisce about their loved one. Some families choose to have the urn present at this ceremony, as well as special keepsakes, memory boards, family photos, DVDs, and other memorabilia. This option provides an opportunity to remember loved ones through fellowship with friends and family.
- Direct Cremation: A direct cremation is a cremation without a visitation or funeral ceremony. With this option, after the family completes all necessary paperwork and documentation, the physician has signed the death certificate and the State of Texas has issued a cremation permit, their loved one is transported directly to the crematory. After the cremation, the cremated remains are returned to the family in a previously selected urn. The family may choose to scatter or bury the cremated remains, place them in a niche, or take the cremated remains home.
We are pleased to speak with you about our dignified cremation services. Feel free to call us today.
Recommended Services—Remembrance with Meaning
Miller Funeral Services & Cremation Society of Texas is pleased to offer many different and fitting tributes to be included in any service honoring your loved one. We have extensive experience in tailoring the remembrance to the loved one and are happy to offer guidance and suggestions for the tribute you want to create.
One uplifting remembrance we can suggest to you would be a release of some type at the end of the service. This can happen at the conclusion of a Funeral, Memorial, or Celebration of Life Service at the graveside or in our Peace Garden.
We can arrange the following releases for your loved one’s service:
- White dove releases
- Butterfly releases
- Balloon releases
Music is a popular and powerful addition to commemorate the passing of a loved one. Miller Funeral Services & Cremation Society of Texas can assist you in recommending and also arranging for talented musicians, such as bag pipers, harpists, or soloists to perform inspirational songs during or at the conclusion of the service.
Thoughtful Touches for Your Loved One
Miller Funeral Services & Cremation Society of Texas is experienced in arranging unique and thoughtful touches for a memorial service that will honor and celebrate your loved one who has passed.
- Military Honors includes veteran’s benefits and arranging for transportation of your loved one to a military cemetery anywhere in the country.
- Ocean reef interment with cremated remains being made part of an artificial reef that becomes an important habitat for marine life.
- Online remembrances feature the loved one’s obituary, schedule of viewings and services, and an interactive place for family and friends to leave condolence messages.
- Burial in space, in which a small amount of cremated remains can be launched into space using a rocket.